Imagine an exercise program that you look forward to, that engages you, and that leaves you refreshed and alert with a feeling of physical and mental well-being.
Pilates is a series of controlled movements that engages your body and mind, performed on specifically designed exercise apparatus and supervised by extensively trained teachers. Developed in the 1920s by Joseph Pilates, Pilates improves flexibility and strength for the total body without building bulk.
As a comprehensive movement system, Pilates can be adapted for all ages and fitness levels, and can be individually tailored to meet your needs and goals for general fitness, athletic training, rehabilitation or pain management. Our staff has years of experience working with many different body types and specific client needs or goals, and we can adapt exercises to fit you and your needs.
- Overall fitness
- Athletic cross-training
- Rehabilitation (injury, post-surgery, pre-hab, re-hab)
- Pre- and post-natal
- Pain management
- Chronic medical conditions (osteopenia/osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s, osteoarthritis, inflammatory arthritis, etc.)
Work Smarter… Not Harder!
Exercise is particularly important as we age. Pilates is considered non-impact and focuses on health benefits that specifically target woman & men 50 years and older:
- Increased bone density
- Less incidence of back pain
- Balanced muscular tone
- Increased energy
- A flatter stomach and a trimmer waist through the creation of a natural girdle of strength
- Better posture
- Greater joint mobility
- A calmer mind & lowered stress levels
- Better concentration
- improved coordination
- More efficient immune, digestive, respiratory, lymphatic, and cardiovascular systems
- Heightened awareness
Whether you’re an athlete or someone living with a chronic medical condition–or simply ready to start a program of regular exercise–Exhale! can help you meet your goals in unexpected ways!
Learn more about our programs:
CONTACT: MARSHA DORMAN, MSPT
1-206-782-1745 | MARSHA@EXHALEPILATESYOGA.COM